The pressure is on! Peak season is a critical time to make a lasting impression on new and returning guests. Building a loyal fan base can solidify revenues for years to come. What are some of the things YOU can do to get your hotel ready for the tourist season ahead? Check out our tips below to maximize your hotel’s revenue!
- Time to spruce up your property
- Take a walk around with the critical eye of a potential guest and fix or replace anything that shows obvious signs of wear and tear. Check the linens and curtains in the rooms, are they spotless? Do the TV’s and remotes work? Do the bathtubs and showers need to be re-grouted? Once you have taken a look at the rooms, head to the lobby, dining and exterior areas. Fresh paint, furniture and a few flower baskets can go a long way!
- Enhance your amenities
- These days technology surrounds us and the need to access it is imperative for most guests while on vacation. Whether it’s a working vacation or just getting in touch with the babysitter, technology allows communication to flourish worldwide. Offering free WiFi to your guests can put your property above the rest. Does your hotel have a business center? http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/154000320/4076621.html?utm_content=buffercd4d0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
- Don’t underestimate the power of a free waffle! When booking a vacation, seventy percent of travellers consider a free breakfast as extremely influential in their selection of a hotel. Are you offering a free continental breakfast?
- It’s easy to drop your fitness routine on the road and many travellers find that frustrating. Fitness centers fill the need for guests who want to stay focused on their health and fitness while on vacation. Have you considered installing a fitness center?
- These are just a few investments that will produce long term revenues in addition to the standard amenities such as flat screen TV’s, coffee makers, relaxing pools and an inviting lobby!
- Last but not least, tighten up your revenue management techniques.
- Review your minimum and maximum length of stays and apply closed to arrival dates when you have a high demand. Be mindful of the promotions that brands sometimes push through in the revenue management centers and close off your property to the promotions during peak season. Don’t forget to review your rates and packages! Make sure you are competitive with neighboring hotels and create impressionable and memorable vacation packages.
Now that you have read the tips, you’re probably wondering how to market your new and improved property! Social media can be just what you need! Reaching a larger audience than ever before, social media can access millions of guests worldwide at the click of a button. Through reviews on Facebook, or vacation pics on Instagram, social media gets the word out. But don’t forget about your own website and keep it up to date with specials and events in the area. Connect with local events, restaurants and bars and promote your hotel as the place to be! Word of mouth has never been so powerful!
It’s never too early to start preparing and NS Media can help. Whether it’s website enhancement , tips on revenue management, or creating customized social media content to improve your online presence, NS Media can get your property ready for the season ahead! Call or email today to get your free quote and get started. Success awaits!